Over Fifty Insurance Pty Ltd ABN 58 007 165 200 (Over Fifty Insurance) recognises the importance of safeguarding your privacy and is committed to protecting personal information collected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles in respect to your personal information.
- “personal information” means information about you which personally identifies you or may reasonably be used to personally identify you;
- “sensitive information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act;
- “Products” means the policies of insurance and related services provided by Over Fifty Insurance in its capacity as authorised representative of Allianz;
- “Website” means www.over50insurance.com.au or any other website from time to time from which the Products are promoted and/or supplied; and
- “you” means you and anyone acting on your behalf or with your implied authority.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information collected and maintained by Over Fifty Insurance includes:
- your name, date of birth, gender, address, and other contact details;
- financial information, including banking, billing and other payment information;
- transaction data including details about the Products you have purchased from us; and
- information specific to the Product or service you decide to purchase, or express an interest in purchasing from us, such as details of any property or other assets being insured, or other information necessary for or incidental to your dealings with us or Allianz.
For some Products, we also collect and maintain your sensitive information for the purposes set out below. This includes information about your health, genetics, membership of any trade unions or professional associations and any criminal convictions you may have.
There are some circumstances where you can deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym including, if you are only looking for general information about one of our Products or related services.
How do we collect your personal information?
Where it is possible, we collect your personal information when you access or use our Website, or otherwise communicate with us, either directly from you in person, in writing, over the telephone, by facsimile, through our online services (including our virtual online assistant and any online chat functions on the Website) and/or by electronic messages. As an insurance agent, we also collect personal information from our underwriters including Allianz. This information is collected in order to arrange the insurance policy or service you require or to provide you with information to assist with your decision to take out an insurance policy. Any personal information which is collected by our underwriters is held and managed in accordance with their privacy procedures.
We will only collect sensitive information about you, if it is reasonably necessary for or directly related to the Products we provide, and you have consented to its collection, or its collection is permitted or authorised by law.
If you decide to complete an online application form on the Website, the information that you enter into the online form will only be collected by us if you submit your online application.
Any information collected relevant to a financial transaction, such as credit card details, are passed through a secure server using the latest 128 bit SSL encryption technology. We do not receive details of your credit card directly and cannot be held liable for any issues arising from the processing of your card.
For what purposes do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes of providing our products and services and managing our business. This may include:
- to respond and deal with your enquiries;
- to provide a product or service including:
- providing you with a quote;
- considering your application for insurance;
- arranging, verifying and administering insurance ;
- assessing risks and underwriting insurance;
- issuing, renewing or amending an insurance policy; or
- pricing an insurance policy, offering excesses and discounts;
- communicating details about our products and services or marketing our services and products and those of our related companies and business partners that may interest you;
- conducting customer research and analytics in relation to our service and products, improving our service and products, and for auditing and quality assurance purposes;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- training our employees, agents and representatives;
- facilitating our business processes;
- conducting competitions, loyalty programs or surveys;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- identifying and contacting individuals who do business with us;
- assessing and processing employment applications; and
- any other purpose communicated to you at the time we collected your personal information or as required or permitted by law.
Direct marketing and your privacy
From time to time we may use your personal information to tell you about other products, services or special offers that we think may be of interest to you.
Personal Information you or an associated party have provided us will be held on file for marketing purposes until you opt out of receiving such information. If you do not want to receive these offers from us (including product or service offerings from us on behalf of our partners), you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us at the details below, or by using the opt-out facilities provided in our communications In some instances, we may disclose your personal information (but not sensitive information) to others we have business arrangements with to enable them to offer their products and services to you.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
Website and analytics
We use Google Analytics to collect a range of information about your interactions with our Website. Google Analytics collects the information using a number of techniques including cookies and Java Script. We also use analytics tools to collect information from the browsers of those who engage with Over Fifty Insurance via social media including Facebook and Twitter.
The information we collect may include your IP address, domain name, date and time of visit, the pages visited and time spent on each page, whether you have visited the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page. We use this information to evaluate the effectiveness of our Website and the level of interest in particular pages or Over Fifty Insurance campaigns.
Information about how Google handles personal information is available at http://www.google.com.au/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can opt out of the collection of information via Google Analytics by downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Similarly, You may refuse to accept cookies by selecting the appropriate setting on your internet browser. However, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use the full functionality of our Website.
How do we hold your personal information?
- We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in our secure computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and
- in telephone recordings (used for training and verification purposes).
Over Fifty Insurance will at all times take steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We ensure that appropriate steps such as passwords, firewalls and virus protection are used with a view to ensuring the security and integrity of the personal information you enter into the online quote forms on this Website or otherwise provide to Over Fifty Insurance.
Access to your personal information is restricted to Over Fifty Insurance employees for whom such access is reasonably necessary in order for them to carry out one or more of the functions or activities of Over Fifty Insurance. Those employees are bound to comply with strict obligations under the Privacy Act.
Personal information which is relevant to the supply of our Products may be shared with our authorised representatives and service providers where it is reasonably necessary for the supply of the Products. Any personal information held by our agents or service providers will be held in accordance with that third party’s privacy procedures.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from third parties and information collected for different products and services.
Over Fifty Insurance does not disclose personal information it holds about an individual to entities or individuals from overseas. If we are ever required to do so, we will obtain your informed consent or ensure that the overseas recipients comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet. As such, transmission of personal information via the internet is at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for the security of such information.
Third party sites
What measures exist to access and correct your personal information?
We are committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information. You may contact our privacy officer regarding access to or correction of your personal information by any of the following methods:
Post: GPO Box 1450 Brisbane QLD 4001
Phone: 13 31 30
We will respond to any requests within a reasonable period after the request is made. If we refuse a request to access or correct personal information, where reasonable, we will provide you our reasons for doing so and information about your ability to complain about such refusal.
When and how may this policy be changed?
How can someone complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how will Over Fifty Insurance deal with such a complaint?
The complaint will be dealt with in a timely manner and confidentially subject to Over Fifty Insurance being entitled to undertake reasonable investigations and enquiries into the complaint. Over Fifty Insurance may ask the complainant to put the complaint in writing before dealing with the complaint.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that Over Fifty Insurance has handled your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at the details set out below.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992